The Forum's mentoring project

The Forum's mentoring project

Monday 15 October 2012

Issues Against Injustice – Behind the Curtain

Look. This is when I was suffering.
I was told I'd get another appointment for a
proper check-up. Up to now I haven't got it.
Outside Praxis: This is the place where I went to see the 
people who could help me with what the GP's not doing.

Thanks so much to this thoughtful blogger, who writes anonymously, for sharing these poignant reflections with us. 

There is a curtain, and each and every person can look behind and see there is a question and an answer to be given. 

The reason why I want to write this blog is because I can see that here in this country there is no justice.  They say there is a human right here, but it has gone backwards.  They just say "human rights," but the rights do not apply to the system.  They say people are taking advantage of human rights, but those who have rights are not the people who are suffering.  Those who are suffering are not noticed. 

The government dispute what you tell them, and they don’t trust you.  Even though you tell the truth, they dispute the truth you are telling, and psychologically they harm you.  You end up with a problem.  And the main problem is that people end up doing crimes which are contributed to by the government itself because they keep people for a long time without deciding their case in a just way.  We would like to see the justice system working and taking people as human beings.  Those who suffer do not like to depend on the government.  They can help themselves, provided they are given the green light.

That is according to my own experience.  I can see most of the people end up in hospital after being tortured mentally for a long time by this government.  I don’t mean Conservative or Labour - it is all one system.  All the parties are doing the same thing to the people who are suffering.  In election time, these people talk about immigration - only then.  People are still suffering. 

A human being is a human being.  You can’t keep one like a pet.  Yes, we can appreciate what the government is doing.  They help us with a small amount of money.  But we don’t want that situation.  If you are hammered (i.e., oppressed) for 1, 2, 3, 10 years, you are damaged.  You are not born to be damaged.  You are born to survive.  They should think twice before they pass their laws which go against people.

I found MRCF.  They are good because they listen.  If you get someone who listens to your situation, then maybe you can find a way out.  I can see that MRCF have humanity because they sympathise with the people who come to see them.  And once they hear the stories, they also struggle to help.  We really appreciate what these people are doing.  If only they were the people who pass the laws.


When you meet your mentor, you are lonely, and you meet someone who can understand your problems.  Though mine was not in a position to sort them out, he had sympathy with my story.  He was also telling me he would like to hear about a solution from the government.  We became friends after that.  He, as a human being, was also a survivor.  He could feel the way these people are feeling and tried to put himself in their shoes.  He thinks about these people.

On the first meeting, we talked.  While we were talking, he came to see there was something that was not right.  That’s when he wanted to get to know more.  We were by the London Eye, around the River Thames.  We were just trying to interchange ideas.  The system doesn’t work – the government is spending money which they shouldn’t spend.  They just keep these people and torture them psychologically.  They end up spending money on drugs.

When we met the second time, I had some health issues to sort at a drop-in centre.  I have a GP, but we wanted better advice.  The GP tries to help, but it takes too long, and he can only help with one problem at a time.  It takes 3-6 months to sort out.  That system works like the justice system - it takes 6 months!  We met someone when we went there, and they told us, "I’m sorry, we can’t help you at the moment, there is someone else downstairs who can help you."  He gave us another date to come back, and then we came back 2 or 3 weeks later, and they told us that they couldn't help us because I have a GP.  

So we were not in a position to get other help, and the problem is accumulating.  Now I have a list of problems, and I can see that with some problems, there is a standing point.  It is like writing a paragraph.  When you write a sentence, it has to be completed until you get a full stop.  When you read, you see there are question marks and full stops.  I need my problem to be sorted.  Forget about human rights -  just say humanity!  Because human rights are already abused - now we need humanity.  Human rights are just laws, and those laws are really not working.

I went to hospital because you start to develop different health problems.  The whole body collapses, and you start to get headaches, stomach problems, joint problems, and you feel dizzy.  Pneumonia comes with a chest pain, sneezing and coughing, and you get problems with breathing.


When you look at it, you say, "This started in prison and accumulated in detention."  So when you came out, you didn’t know, but then you noticed the problems which no one told you you would get.  The system makes people suffer and doesn’t tell them about the side effects.  It seems human rights are abused.  Pets, like cats and dogs, are treated much better than human beings.

When I got it, I was on my way to London.  I felt bad and went to hospital.  I can just say "Thank you" for what the staff did.  They helped me in my emergency.  

It seems they can help you in an emergency, but don’t forget that is something that has been going on for a long time.  Someone gets affected, and it turns out to be an emergency.  It’s a very dangerous issue.


What I would like to say is: People must remain calm, and they should also say something about their problems.  Don’t keep quiet.  Otherwise, no one will know.  We should not fear to tell the truth.  If we fear, we will be helping the system.  We should put these things straight and reveal the truth.  We need an outcome, and we don’t want to keep waiting and waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! At last I got a blog from where I be able to genuinely obtain valuable information concerning my
    study and knowledge.
    Here is my homepage - garden sheds

    ReplyDelete